On January 29th , 2020, Clinical Professor Emeritus Dr. Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn, President of Mahidol University Council, together with the committee of the Council and Professor Banchong Mahaisavariya, M.D., Acting President of Mahidol University, visited Faculty of Nursing as Council Visit (34/2020) at Chanthana Nilwarangkun Meeting Room, Faculty of Nursing Mahidol University, Salaya campus. The aim of the visit and meeting was to set goals and the action plan for the fiscal year of 2020-2021. Besides, the committees also heard the success of the overall previous operations including development and future challenges. On this occasion, Associate Professor Dr. Yajai Sitthimongkol, Dean of Faculty of Nursing Mahidol University, along with the administrators of the Faculty of Nursing, and Mahidol University executives also participated in the discussion with the following points:
1. The proud achievement of the faculty in the past 4 years
- The Nursing Information and Knowledge Centre Commemorating Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn's 60th Birthday
- Bachelor of Nursing Science Program passed the ASEAN University Network Quality Assurance (AUN-QA) in 2019
- Development of undergraduate teaching that is consistent with national and international policies, such as
3.1 being the only bilingual teaching program in Thailand
3.2 providing Cultural Diversity course which is a multidisciplinary course for students from PUMC & UI, and
3.3 launching the course Enhancing Patient Safety Through Inter - Professional Collaborative Practice, a multidisciplinary course IPE: Interprofessional Education, which is the first interdisciplinary course at Mahidol University.
- Development of academic services that are comprehensive service packages, such as promoting breastfeeding, providing academic services for elderly care, developing early childhood quality.
- Opening Satellite Campus of Master Program at Vietnam National University, Vietnam, and launching the Master of Nursing Program Plan 1 for the first time in Thailand.
- IRB-NS has been certified by National Ethics Committee Accreditation System of Thailand: NECAST. Faculty of Nursing at Salaya campus passed the excellent environmental friendly office evaluation (G-Gold)
2. Goals and action plans for the fiscal year 2020-2021 (according to the 12th National Economic and Social Development Plan)
- Developing NCDs-Patient Nursing Center in Southeast Asia with Johns Hopkins University in 2020.
- Developing nursing and midwifery clinics in 2020
- Developing online lessons at the undergraduate and graduate levels. In nursing courses, online learning will be used 25% in the academic year 2020 and 100% in the academic year 2021
- Thailand Quality Class: TQC Award 2020